HOW TO CHARGE YOUR VEHICLE - QUICK START
Connecting your LYRIQ to a Level 1, Level 2 or DC Fast Charger† is a quick and easy process. The LYRIQ is engineered to charge with stations using the SAE J1772 connector for Level 1 and Level 2 charging, and the SAE Combined Charging System (CCS) for DC Fast Charging.
- First, locate a public charging station (see “EV Charging Levels and Finding a Charging Station” Quick Start Guide) or your vehicle’s home charging equipment. You can use the myCadillac mobile app†, in-vehicle Maps app or in-vehicle Google Assistant to search for a public charging station.
- With your vehicle in PARK, locate the charge port door on the outside of the vehicle, located on the driver’s side below the outside rearview mirror.
- Open the motorized charge port door by pressing on the Cadillac emblem located on the upper right corner of the door. The door will open and a ring light around the charging receptacle will illuminate.
- If DC Fast Charging, remove the DC Fast Charging dust cover on the lower portion of the vehicle’s charging receptacle.
- Plug the charging station’s connector into the vehicle’s charging receptacle.
- Follow the steps on the charging station to start charging.
- The connector will be locked and cannot be disconnected while charging is active.
- The Charging Status Indicator will flash green when charging begins, and you may hear your horn chirp (unless disabled in your vehicle settings). The Charging Status Indicator light color and pattern provide information about the status of charging (see picture below).
- Charging will continue until you stop the process or until the vehicle reaches the target charge level.
- When charging is complete, disconnect the charging station’s connector from the vehicle’s charging receptacle.
Close the motorized charge port door by pressing on the rectangular button in the upper right corner of the charge port. If you forget to close the charge port door, shifting your LYRIQ into DRIVE or REVERSE will cause the door to close automatically.
Note: While your vehicle is plugged in, you can check the “peek-in” screen on the Driver Display for a quick look at the current state of charge and estimated time to reach target charge level. This information is also available in the myCadillac mobile app if you want to check it remotely.
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE?
NEED MORE HELP?
Communicate with one of our specialists.