HOW TO CONNECT TO ANDROID AUTO
Difficulty Level: Novice | Time Required: 5 Minutes | Tools Required: None | Related Parts, Products, Services or Technology: Android smartphone required
If your vehicle has Android Auto,† it lets you use some of your favorite smartphone features through your vehicle’s infotainment system:†
- Make/receive calls
- Use Google Maps™
- Stream YouTube music
- Use Google Assistant™†
- And more
TO USE ANDROID AUTO, YOU MUST FIRST CONNECT YOUR PHONE TO YOUR VEHICLE.
CONNECT THROUGH USB PORT
1. Your vehicle must be parked the first time you connect.
2. Using your phone’s cable, connect your phone to the vehicle’s USB data port†.
3. Your phone may ask you to download the Android Auto app and other Android Auto-related apps, like Google Maps, or update to the newest version of the app.
4. If Android Auto does not automatically launch, touch the Projection icon or the Android Auto icon on your vehicle’s touchscreen.
5. Follow the prompts on your vehicle’s touchscreen and on your phone to start.
6. You will be asked to accept Terms before using the feature.
7. When Android Auto is active, the touchscreen will show the phone apps that are accessible.
Only select phones and select vehicles support this feature. If your vehicle and phone do offer this option, work through these steps to set up a wireless† connection:
1. Make sure your vehicle is parked.
2. Tap the gray ANDROID AUTO icon on the infotainment screen.
3. Pair/connect your phone to the infotainment system using Bluetooth®.†
4. Follow the prompts on the screen and on your phone to start.
5. You will be asked to accept Terms before using the feature.
On some vehicles, if you plug your phone in via USB, the system will ask if you’d like to allow a wireless connection in the future. If you agree, the next time you go for a drive, your phone will automatically connect wirelessly with Android Auto.
RELATED LINKS AND RESOURCES
It depends on how your vehicle is equipped. On some models, you can use Android Auto wireless without plugging in if you have a compatible phone. On other models, your device must be tethered by a USB cord to use Android Auto.
You can charge your phone and have Android Auto running in the background. Just plug in your phone and hit the HOME button. You can also disable Android Auto in the “Settings” menu to enable the charge-only function using the USB cord.
Yes. This can be adjusted in your phone's settings. See your phone's instruction manual for details.
The quality of the album art depends on the size of the image that is available with the song. If the image is small, it appears blurry when stretched to fit the album art window in the Now Playing screen.
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE?
NEED MORE HELP?
Communicate with one of our specialists.
To find out if your vehicle has this feature, contact your dealer or refer to your vehicle’s equipment list. Please check your Owner’s Manual for more information about features.