HOW TO OPERATE KEYLESS OPEN
Difficulty Level: Novice | Time Required: 5 Minutes | Tools Required: None | Related Parts, Products, Services or Technology: Key fob
Here’s how to use Keyless Open (if equipped) to unlock and lock the doors and liftgate on your 23MY Cadillac LYRIQ.
TO UNLOCK DOORS AND LIFTGATE:
Driver and passenger doors:
- With the key fob in your pocket or bag (within a three-foot range of the door), press the larger end of the driver’s door handle once to unlock the driver’s door. Press again to unlatch it.
- Wait for the door to open partway, then grab the handle on the outside door trim and pull open.
- Pressing the large end of the passenger door handle will unlatch the door and unlock all doors.
- Grab the handle on the outside door trim of the passenger door and pull open.
Keyless Liftgate Opening:
- With the key fob in your pocket or bag (within a three-foot range of the liftgate), press the Cadillac emblem on the liftgate to unlock and open the liftgate.
If your vehicle is equipped with Hands-Free Power Liftgate with Logo Projection, a logo is projected on the ground under the vehicle as you approach the rear of the vehicle with the key fob.
To operate, move your foot in a forward kicking motion under the left side of the rear bumper, at the location of the projected logo, then pull it back.
TO LOCK DOORS AND LIFTGATE:
If your vehicle is equipped with Passive Locking, the doors and liftgate will automatically lock within several seconds after the vehicle is turned off, the key fob is out of the vehicle and all doors are closed. This feature can be enabled/disabled in the Settings menu.
For your security, please don't include personal info such as phone number, address or credit card details.
RELATED LINKS AND RESOURCES
Yes. After you lock the doors using the lock button on the inside door handle with the vehicle off and the door open, the vehicle’s alarm is set about 30 seconds later. Pressing Lock on the remote key a second time will skip the 30-second delay and immediately arm the alarm system.
Depending on the preferences you’ve enabled in the vehicle’s Settings menu, there are a few reasons the doors would automatically lock:
- If Passive Locking is enabled, the doors should lock several seconds after you turn off the vehicle and exit with the key fob and close all doors
- Your doors should automatically lock when the vehicle goes above 8 mph
Your dealer can check the signal strength of your key fob or, using a special tool, check whether you're using the correct key fob for your vehicle. Contact your dealer or service lane for assistance.
Yes, the key fob can be nearly anywhere in the interior of the vehicle, including the rear closure. However, it’s not recommended to keep the key fob in the trunk, as there are certain areas where it might not be detected.
If Passive Locking is enabled, the doors should lock several seconds after you turn off the vehicle, exit with the key fob, and close all doors and the rear closure. But there are a few scenarios when this won’t work, including:
- If Passive Locking is not enabled. Make sure you’ve enabled this feature in the Settings menu by selecting: Settings > Vehicle > Remote Lock, Unlock, Start
- If all doors and the liftgate haven’t been closed, it won’t automatically lock
- If at least one key fob wasn’t removed from the vehicle, it won’t automatically lock
- If you haven’t turned the vehicle off, it won’t automatically lock
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE?
NEED MORE HELP?
Communicate with one of our specialists.