ABOUT THE IN-VEHICLE TRAILERING APP
The In-Vehicle Trailering App† found on the Cadillac Escalade Trailering System is designed to help improve your trailering experience.
Depending on your vehicle’s equipment, available features include an in-vehicle Trailering System, integration with the myCadillac Mobile App† and more.
You’ll need a select Connected Services plan† to access trailering features in the myCadillac Mobile App.
Your trailering system experience will vary, depending on your vehicle type.
ABOUT YOUR IN-VEHICLE TRAILERING APP
If equipped, you can open your In-Vehicle Trailering App by pressing the TRAILERING icon on your infotainment system.
Depending on your vehicle’s equipment, your In-Vehicle Trailering App may include the following features:
CUSTOMIZABLE TRAILER PROFILES
- To experience the full feature set of the system, log in to your Personal Profile through the infotainment system and create a custom trailer profile.
- When your trailer is first connected while the vehicle is ON or in ACCESSORY mode, the system will automatically prompt you to create a profile or select an existing profile. The process for creating a profile can vary by vehicle, so check your Owner’s Manual for more information on creating new trailer profiles.
- Once a profile is created, information specific to that trailer (trailer type, mileage, etc.) will be stored.
- Features that require additional setup include:
- Enabling Tow/Haul Reminder, setting up accessory trailer camera features (if equipped), creating maintenance reminders and more.
- Camera Setup for Transparent Trailer and other trailering camera features (if equipped).
- Trailer Tire Pressure and Temperature Monitoring System (if equipped).
- Maintenance Reminders.
- You can also import a profile that was created in the myCadillac Mobile App. To do so, select “Import.”
- You must have an active select Connected Services plan and be signed in to your infotainment system Personal Profile to import a trailer profile.
- Up to five profiles can be stored in the vehicle.
- You can create up to 25 trailer profiles in the myCadillac Mobile App. However, if you already have five profiles stored in your vehicle, you will need to remove one to import a profile from the mobile app (the profile you removed will still be stored in the mobile app).
TRAILER LIGHT TEST
With this feature, you can simply tap a button on the screen to test lights on your vehicle and trailer. The Trailer Light Test will run through a lighting sequence (e.g., brake lights, turn signals, etc.) automatically once engaged.
The way you access the light test depends on your vehicle.
- On some vehicles, the light test is accessible using the TRAILER LIGHTS icon on the Home screen (on these vehicles, the test does not include trailer light diagnostics).
- On other vehicles, in the In-Vehicle Trailering System, select the Connections tile in the Status menu, then select “Start Light Test.” This step may vary, depending on your vehicle type and model year.
- A diagnostic component will alert you of potential trailer light outages. If an issue is detected, the outage is called out along with a “diagnose” button.
- This feature (excluding the diagnostic component) is also available through the myCadillac Mobile App.
TRAILER TIRE PRESSURE AND TEMPERATURE MONITORING SYSTEM
To use this feature, you must install wireless GM-specific sensors within each trailer tire at a third-party trailer or tire service center.
After installation, you must follow prompts within the in-vehicle system to complete a learning process that lets your vehicle sync with the tire sensors.
- Once setup is complete, tire pressure and temperature information are relayed to the trailer profile Home screen, allowing you to monitor tire pressure and temperature while driving.
- A green status indicates the tire pressure/temperature is within the recommended range.
- An amber status indicates the tire pressure/temperature needs attention.
The in-vehicle system provides a step-by-step guide for connecting a trailer to the vehicle. These steps can be customized and expanded to show clear, illustrated examples of what connections need to be made. The pre-populated checklist will vary, depending on hitch type.
Here’s how it works:
- You can check off items in the checklist as they are completed.
- Select the “i” icon next to a checklist item for a detailed description and, if available, a diagram of the procedure.
- Select “+Checklist Item” to add custom items to the checklist for specific needs (e.g., check the boat’s life preservers before heading out).
- This feature is also available through the myCadillac Mobile App.
TRAILER THEFT ALERT
If the trailer’s wiring harness is disconnected while the vehicle is parked and if the vehicle’s alarm is armed, the vehicle’s alarm will be triggered (flashing exterior lights and sounding the horn) to help discourage trailer theft.
To enable this feature:
- You must turn the feature on in your trailer profile in the In-Vehicle Trailering System.
- The trailer wiring harness must be connected.
- The vehicle’s theft-deterrent system must be armed.
If you have an active subscription to the OnStar® Safety & Security Plan and Theft Alarm Notification† is enabled, you can also be alerted by phone call, email or text when a theft is detected (based on the method designated in your OnStar Theft Alarm preferences).
RELATED LINKS AND RESOURCES
Creating a Trailer Profile, as opposed to using the Guest Trailer profile, allows you to track and store important information about your trailer, including mileage, maintenance reminders, the last used brake gain associated with the custom trailer profile, custom checklists and more. Up to five profiles can be stored in the vehicle. When using the Guest Trailer Profile, any trailer information entered will not be saved after the vehicle is shut off.
You can access your Trailer Profile in another similarly equipped vehicle by logging in to your Personal Profile through the infotainment system and then importing the profile via the Trailering System. You must log in to the system using the same credentials you use in the myCadillac Mobile App in order to sync trailer information.
This feature requires installation of available wireless GM-specific sensors within the tires by a third-party trailer or tire service center. After the sensors are installed, a learning process must be completed within the trailer profile in the in-vehicle system by following on-screen prompts. Refer to your Owner’s Manual for detailed instructions.
There are several factors that may prevent your trailer light sequence from starting or that would stop it prematurely. These include:
- The vehicle is not in PARK.
- The brake is applied.
- The hazard lights are turned on.
- The turn signal is activated.
The options presented to you are dependent on your trailer type and vehicle equipment (e.g., camera package).
Yes. A select Connected Services plan is required in order to share Trailer Profiles from person to person and to access trailering features through the myCadillac Mobile App.
The OnStar Safety & Security Plan is required in order to receive a mobile Trailer Theft Alert notification (working electrical system, cell reception, GPS signal and armed GM factory-installed theft deterrent system also required).
Certain information may take up to 30 minutes to sync. To avoid the delay, you can complete an ignition cycle (i.e., turn the vehicle off, open the door and wait for the infotainment system to turn off) or log out of and then back in to your profile.
Additionally, you need an active Connected Services plan in order to access trailering features through the myCadillac Mobile App, as well as a data connection.
If you share ownership of the profile, the other user will have the ability to edit the trailer’s profile. You will continue to receive updates and will also maintain the ability to edit the profile. This does not occur if you share a duplicate of the profile.
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE?
NEED MORE HELP?
Communicate with one of our specialists.
To find out if your vehicle has this feature, contact your dealer or refer to your vehicle’s equipment list. Please check your Owner’s Manual for more information about features.