HOW TO GET STARTED WITH GOOGLE BUILT-IN
Difficulty Level: Intermediate | Time Required: 10 Minutes | Tools Required: None | Related Parts, Products, Services or Technology: None
If your vehicle’s infotainment system is equipped with Google built-in† compatibility, you’ll get some of your favorite apps like Google Assistant,† Google Maps and more on Google Play right in your vehicle for a helpful, personalized and seamless driving experience.
The first time you use the system, a Setup Wizard will help walk you through some steps to get started.
- The Setup Wizard will launch the first time you use the system or sign in with a new profile.
- Your vehicle must be in PARK to complete the setup. If you start driving, the Setup Wizard will close. Next time you start the vehicle, you’ll get a reminder to complete the setup.
- You can skip steps you don’t want to complete. Next time you start the vehicle, you may be reminded to finish any steps you skipped. You can dismiss these reminders.
- After you complete the setup process or skip the steps, you will be taken to the Home screen of the infotainment system.
Get additional help setting up the system from Google.
SIGN IN TO YOUR GM ACCOUNT
Setting up a user profile in the vehicle using your GM Account will help ensure your personalized settings, like favorite radio stations and paired phones, are stored in the vehicle.
- The first time you use the infotainment system, you’ll be prompted to sign in to your GM Account.
- Use the same email address to sign in that you provided to your dealer when you purchased your vehicle, which is the same address you use to access the myCadillac mobile app and your owner resources.
- If you want to change the name on your profile, tap the name in the upper left corner of the screen and type in a new one.
- If you want to switch profiles or access your profile settings, tap the name in the upper left corner of the screen.
- You can store up to eight profiles.
- If you don’t want to create a profile, you can use the guest profile, but your settings and saved favorites will reset next time you turn on the vehicle.
SIGN IN TO YOUR GOOGLE ACCOUNT
A Google Account is not required to use the system, but if you have one, signing in will give you the most personalized experience. You can do this on the infotainment screen or on your phone.
- You can sign in to your Google Account by tapping the name in the upper left corner of the screen. Or you might be prompted to sign in the first time you open Google Maps or Google Play.
- When signing in with your Google Account, you will be asked to review the Google Terms and Privacy Statement and accept them in order to continue. Using a Google Account is optional and at your discretion.
- After you sign in, the name in the upper left corner of the screen will change to whatever name you have associated with your Google Account. Tap the name to change it.
PERSONALIZE THE SYSTEM
You can customize the system to your liking in several ways:
- Rearrange the app icons on the Home screen: Press and hold an app icon on the screen to enter edit mode. Then, drag the app to a different spot and release.
- Add your favorite apps to the App Tray: Drag and drop app icons into the App Tray to create quick-access shortcuts (this creates a duplicate shortcut icon but does not remove the original icon). Press and hold an app icon on the Home screen to enter edit mode. Then, drag it into the App Tray to replace one of the apps with the new one. You cannot replace the Home icon.
- Download your favorite apps: Tap the Google Play Store icon to browse and download your favorite third-party apps. You’ll need a paid service plan or trial to do this, and some third-party apps may also require an account or subscription.
- Save audio favorites: In the AUDIO app, your favorites are stored in the bar at the top of the screen. While you’re listening to a station or selection you want to store, tap the STAR icon to save it. Or you can press and hold an empty favorite space to save your current selection. You’ll hear a beep when it’s stored.
RELATED LINKS AND RESOURCES
Some features of the system require a service plan. This includes Google Assistant, Google Maps and apps on Google Play. Once the initial connectivity period included with your vehicle purchase ends, you will be able to choose from several plan options to enable continued use of those features.
You can skip certain steps in the Setup Wizard if you don’t want to complete them. Next time you start the vehicle, you may be reminded to finish any steps you skipped. You can dismiss these reminders.
Your GM Account, which is your user profile in the vehicle, is different from your Google Account. Your GM Account is the same account you use to access your other vehicle services, such as the myCadillac mobile app and owner resources. Signing in with this account ensures your personalized settings, such as your favorite radio stations and your paired phone, are remembered in the vehicle. Your Google Account,† should you choose to use it, brings additional personalization into the vehicle tied to other Google apps and services you may use. For example, your saved home and work addresses will appear in Google Maps in the vehicle.
Certain features that might cause distraction while you’re driving are not available while the vehicle is in motion. These are usually things that would require you to type something on the screen, like entering an address in Google Maps. Depending on your model, the features may be unavailable even if you have a passenger in your front seat. Instead, try using your vehicle’s Voice Assistant features.
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE?
NEED MORE HELP?
Communicate with one of our specialists.
To find out if your vehicle has this feature, contact your dealer or refer to your vehicle’s equipment list. Please check your Owner's Manual for more information about features.