HOW TO USE THE PULL-PULL HOOD RELEASE
If you have a Pull-Pull Hood Release, you can fully release your hood from the driver’s seat with two pulls of a lever. Here’s how to operate this feature.
HOW IT WORKS
To open your vehicle’s hood, simply pull the lever twice from the driver’s seat, then exit the car and raise the hood. You don’t have to fumble around to release the secondary hood latch because your second lever pull took care of that.
The driver’s door must be open to operate the Pull-Pull Hood Release. The lever is purposefully blocked by the driver’s side door trim, which keeps you from unlatching the hood without meaning to while driving.
Here's a breakdown of Pull-Pull Hood Release operation:
- Put your vehicle in PARK.
- Open the driver’s door, making sure it’s opened wide enough to allow the release lever to swing fully when you pull on it.
- Locate the lever to the left of the steering wheel, a few inches down from the instrument panel. Fit your fingers into the grooves at the back of the lever.
- Pull the lever once, allowing it to go back to its original position before pulling it again. You’ll need to pull the lever twice, but it doesn’t matter how close or far apart the pulls are.
- The first pull raises the hood slightly; the second lets you exit the vehicle and lift the hood to a fully raised position.
- Once raised, the hood stays up on its own without a hood prop.
- To close the hood without damaging the headlamps, grille, etc., use both hands to gently pull it down until there’s about a foot of space remaining. At this point, you can “drop” the hood into position, then make sure it’s fully latched.
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE?
NEED MORE HELP?
Communicate with one of our specialists.
To find out if your vehicle has this feature, contact your dealer or refer to your vehicle’s equipment list. Please check your Owner's Manual for more information about features.